When I talk to folks about food, and how my family and I eat paleo, they usually have a lot of questions. Some of the most common questions I get are:

- So then what DO you eat?
- How do you do breakfast?
- What does your daughter eat?

Hopefully those and other questions will be answered by this blog. I am far from an expert and we don't eat "strict" paleo all the time but, hopefully this blog will help folks realize that the paleo diet IS something that they can do all while shopping at normal food stores and preparing food with a normal, BUSY, schedule. There are plenty of online sources for paleo recipes, this will be different. I will document our day to day meals and snacks, grocery shopping, and eating on the go. I hope you find it inspiring and informative. Please feel free to comment.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

01/28/14 BREAKFAST

PART 1 : "CEREAL"

I diced 1 fuji apple:



 Added a little from each of these:


Mix it up and eat with a spoon.


Put some in tupperware for my wife to take to work and gave some in a bowl to my 5yo daughter. I ate the rest.

PART 2: EGGS

Dice up one and a half red peppers, and a couple handfulls of broccoli.


Throw them in a skillet with some coconut oil on medium heat and cover it. While that is cooking, crack 7 eggs getting rid of 5 of the yolks into a tall mixing cup and use the immersion blender to whip them until they "grow". Throw in some chopped turkey breast. Then, pour the egg mixture slowly all over the veggie/turkey breast mixture. Cover it all again, and let it cook for a few minutes. Then use a spatula to flip the whole mixture so both sides gets cooked. Top with avocado.

I ate a large bowl of this, my 5YO daughter had a good sized bowl, I packed some for her to take to school for lunch, and I was able to put some away in the fridge for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment