When I talk to folks about food, and how my family and I eat paleo, they usually have a lot of questions. Some of the most common questions I get are:

- So then what DO you eat?
- How do you do breakfast?
- What does your daughter eat?

Hopefully those and other questions will be answered by this blog. I am far from an expert and we don't eat "strict" paleo all the time but, hopefully this blog will help folks realize that the paleo diet IS something that they can do all while shopping at normal food stores and preparing food with a normal, BUSY, schedule. There are plenty of online sources for paleo recipes, this will be different. I will document our day to day meals and snacks, grocery shopping, and eating on the go. I hope you find it inspiring and informative. Please feel free to comment.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

02/06/14 Breakfast

Gianna and I shared a banana with almond butter.

I also made a scramble with 8 eggs using only 3 yolks. First I diced up some onion and broccoli and threw them in the pan with some coconut oil. Then I cracked the eggs and used the immersion blender to whip them up. Then I diced up the ham steak and threw that in with the veggies. Next I poured in the egg mix and cooked as usual.

This made enough for Gina to take some to work for breakfast, Gianna and I to eat some for breakfast, and I took some to work with me.

I also made a smoothie using a handful of greens, about a 1/4 cup of dried goji berries, a handful of frozen pineapple chunks, a handful of frozen berries, and a drizzle of olive oil. Then I used a mixture of 1/2 coconut water and 1/2 tap water to fill up to the top of the ingredients. Have I mentioned, I love our vitamix? Gianna had some with her breakfast and Gina and I each took a bottle to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment