When I talk to folks about food, and how my family and I eat paleo, they usually have a lot of questions. Some of the most common questions I get are:

- So then what DO you eat?
- How do you do breakfast?
- What does your daughter eat?

Hopefully those and other questions will be answered by this blog. I am far from an expert and we don't eat "strict" paleo all the time but, hopefully this blog will help folks realize that the paleo diet IS something that they can do all while shopping at normal food stores and preparing food with a normal, BUSY, schedule. There are plenty of online sources for paleo recipes, this will be different. I will document our day to day meals and snacks, grocery shopping, and eating on the go. I hope you find it inspiring and informative. Please feel free to comment.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

02/03/14 Lunch

The other day, Gina cut a few chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and cooked them in a skillet with coconut oil and seasoned them with some lemon pepper. After they cooked and cooled, she put them in a tupperware in the fridge... These kinds of things are great to keep on hand. Easy, ready to go, protein. Today, I threw some of those into a bowl with a couple diced tomatoes and an avocado. Drizzled some salad dressing and eat with a spoon. Super fast and easy. Chicken breast for protein, avocado and olive oil for fat, tomato for vitamins and taste. Easy.

For Gianna's lunch, I sent her to school with some of the same chicken chunks and avocado chunks on toothpicks. Easy bites of protein and fat that my 5 year old actually likes and finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment