When I talk to folks about food, and how my family and I eat paleo, they usually have a lot of questions. Some of the most common questions I get are:

- So then what DO you eat?
- How do you do breakfast?
- What does your daughter eat?

Hopefully those and other questions will be answered by this blog. I am far from an expert and we don't eat "strict" paleo all the time but, hopefully this blog will help folks realize that the paleo diet IS something that they can do all while shopping at normal food stores and preparing food with a normal, BUSY, schedule. There are plenty of online sources for paleo recipes, this will be different. I will document our day to day meals and snacks, grocery shopping, and eating on the go. I hope you find it inspiring and informative. Please feel free to comment.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

02/04/14 Breakfast

Today, we had an egg scramble using 7 eggs with only 2 yolks, 1/2 lb of bacon, 1 handful of broccoli diced, 1 red pepper diced, and a little goat cheese. I used coconut oil to cook the veggies in one pan while the bacon cooked in another. Drain the bacon (save the oil), chop it up and add it to the veggies. Use the immersion blender to whip up the eggs then pour them onto the veggie / bacon mix. Then crumble a little goat cheese all over. Fold the whole mess onto itself until it's all cooked. Delicious. This made enough for Gianna and I and, there was enough to put away some in the fridge for later.

Remember, it's important to not overcook the veggies. Just a few minutes at medium heat is all it takes.

I also made a smoothie. I started with a handful of these greens:
Then, I added a handful of frozen pineapple chunks, a handful of frozen berries, a drizzle of olive oil, some coconut water, and some regular water. Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment